Friday, July 17, 2009

NEW STOVE!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!

This is my new stove.... YEAH!!!!! We moved over Memorial Holiday, and have only been able to use the stove top. But even that has been a challenge.
1- one morning Roger was cooking breakfast and we heard a pop and had fire underneath the stove top. The pipe going from the propane to the burner had come apart, so the fire was under instead of on top. Roger turned off the stove and blew out the flame and later that day Roger and were watching a move and he asked if I could smell the propane. I told him I could smell something funny. He checked and the propane was still turned on, but the flame was out.
2- one of the burners (no matter how low you turn it) flames would come over the edges of the pan. it would not adjust at all, would just burn at full.
3- stove would not heat up. we even turned it up to 500 degree's and the inside only got up to 250 degree's. (We had to cook Carson's Birthday cake over at our friends house, and when the kids wanted cookies, we bugged them again for use of their stove)

Just some of the fun. But thank you to a wonderful sister-in-law we were able to get a new stove. We had been trying to save, but it seemed like anytime we got anything saved then something would happen to need just what we had saved.

I love how much the white lightens up the kitchen also. (the other stove was dark brown) I know that sounds goofy, but with dark cabinets and dark stove it does not get as light.

Thank you again to all the help we had getting the stove. We greatly appreciate it.......

No comments: